Join us for Milwaukie's Umbrella Parade and Tree Lighting on DECEMBER 3rd!
Please join the Milwaukie holiday tradition of decorating umbrellas and parading through downtown ending with the lighting of the tree on Sat., Dec. 3. Parade participants are asked to convene by 3:45 p.m., the parade marches at 4:15 p.m. and the tree will be lit at 5 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to decorate an umbrella and participate in the parade. No pre-registration is required.
Win great prizes for best decorated umbrellas: All parade participants are asked to arrive by 3:45 p.m. so that the judging can begin for best decorated umbrellas. Categories include Most Creative, Most Festive, and Most Milwaukie. Each category includes prizes for both adults and children. All prizes will be awarded during the tree lighting ceremony at 5 p.m. at City Hall.
The parade will convene at the Adams Street Connector next to the Main St. Light Rail platform.
WMFC staff and crew will be onsite and streaming the event via Facebook.
The WMFC Building will be closed for the day of the event, December 3rd.
Event Title: Umbrella Parade and Tree Lighting
Date/Time: Saturday, December 3, 2016 - 3:45pm - 6:00pm
Location: Parade begins next to the Main St. Light Rail Station, travels north on Main St. to City Hall where the tree is lit.
Introductory class to using the Canon XF100.
- Proper Tripod set-up and use.
- XF100 Menu set-up, CF Card Initialization, Bit Rate, Frame Rate and HD Resolution set up.
- Automatic vs Manual controls (Focus, Iris, White Balance, Shutter)
- Audio Primer — Mics, Audio Jacks, Setting Manual Audio Levels.
Introductory class to using the RED, GREEN, or BLUE Editing Suites.
- WFMC file management conventions, specific to each editing suite.
- Digital Media transfer to Editing computer.
- Premiere Project set up
- Premiere GUI
- Main work panels (Project, Timeline, Source & Program Monitors)
- Video File import, Source Panel viewing and trimming
- Timeline Tracks and Track Targeting.
- Timeline Tools and Timeline video editing.
- Basic Video FX and Transitions.
- Audio Volume adjustment and Key Framing.
- Basic Titles creation.
Introductory class for a Live Studio Production Crew.
* This class is designed for groups, teams or crews.
- Studio Workspace — Lights, Cameras, Cables, Audio Jacks, Control Room, Green Screen.
- Studio Camera Operation — Safe Operation, Moving the Cameras, Setting Camera mount Tilt & Pan Locks. Setting Manual Focus.
- Setting exposure on Remote CCUs.
- Setting Camera Aspect Ratio.
- Setting up Lav Mics and Setting Sound Levels for Mics on Studio Sound Board.
- Live Show Recording —Teams are split out to On Camera and Off Camera sides, a brief mock Panel Show is recorded for each team.